Beginner’s Workshop w/ Ilene Friedman & Ted Lardner | June 3rd – BEACHWOOD
Specifically designed for new students, this workshop offers a warm, welcoming environment where everyone else is new to yoga too. You will be given a brief background of Baptiste Yoga, taken through the foundational postures one at a time, and receive alignment cues, emphasizing what is most important in getting started.
After pose demonstrations, you’ll have the opportunity to try it yourself while getting immediate feedback and adjustments to help you. Your questions are encouraged and serve to help others in the class gain a deeper understanding. Please ask!
A few points that will be covered in this workshop:
- What is Baptiste Yoga and why it works;
- A full explanation of the breath we use, commonly called ujjayi;
- How to link your breath with movement as we move and flow from one pose to the next;
- Step-by-step guidance on the foundational postures and how to make “modifications” or adjustments to fit your needs and abilities.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the workshop begins;
- Wear exercise clothing that allows for comfortable movement;
- Avoid eating at least 1 hour before;
- Bring water, towel and yoga mat (mat rentals are available at the studio).
Learn how to have a safe and effective practice that you’ll love!
Cost of Workshop: $25.SIGN UP