Tami Schneider, Owner
Tami Schneider, E-RYT 500/CYT is a home-grown Clevelander and is the owner of Cleveland Yoga Studios located in NE Ohio. Currently, there are two studios, located in the University Circle area and in the suburb of Beachwood which are home to thousands of yoga practitioners each and every week.
Tami is an internationally recognized yoga teacher trainer and Senior Faculty Member of the globally known Baptiste Yoga Institute. She has been teaching yoga since 1999. Tami’s ardor is about training teachers to be yoga teachers & community leaders. She has trained over 400 yoga teacher-trainees in the Cleveland area and led thousands during her travels training new teachers in the Baptiste Methodology since 2007. While she regularly teaches classes here in Cleveland, Tami is particularly passionate about her involvement in The Africa Yoga Project as a teacher mentor in Nairobi, Kenya. Her work is empowered by the amazing teachers and community members at Cleveland Yoga as well as the many students and teachers she meets on the road.
“I love connecting with others…what truly inspires me are the many conversations I’ve had on the topics of life, struggles, love and loss. My own life experiences in those areas are what propel me to do the work that I love. I also love being a community service member and teaching those that otherwise would not have been introduced to the benefits of a yoga practice.
When I am not teaching, practicing yoga or discussing the ‘what’s next’ for my studios, I love spending time in our Metro Parks with my rescue pup, “Mae”; I love drinking delicious wines & tasting great foods with my boyfriend, David; and Sunday ‘fun-days’ relaxing with close friends and family. I am also passionate about playing golf! My clubs are always ready!”
Tami L Schneider, E-RYT 500-CYT
Baptiste Yoga’s Leader Teacher Faculty Member and 500hr Certified Yoga Teacher
Member of Africa Yoga Project’s Facilitation Team
International Yoga Teacher, Wellness & Leadership Speaker and Coach
Owner of Cleveland Yoga Studio’s located in NE Ohio (Beachwood and University Circle)
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- 2016-2017 Yoga Teacher to Cleveland Browns
- 2016-2017 Transformative Leadership, Innovation & Fitness Award Recipient from Elite Women Around the World.
- 2015 Graduate of Being A Leader and the Effective Exercise of Leadership: An Ontological/Phenomenological Model.
- 2016 ‘Community Champion’ for Cleveland Yoga Uptown by University Circle, Inc. Business Association.
- 2015 ‘Best Start-Up Business’ for Cleveland Yoga Uptown by University Circle, Inc. Business Association.
- 2015 Award for Best Yoga Studios in Cleveland by Cleveland Scene Magazine.
- Best of the East by Circle East / Cleveland Magazine 2012, 2013, 2014. Runner-up 2015- 2016.
Taminator or (Nators, for short)
3 words to describe you:
Loyal, strong and patient
The pose that challenges me the most:
Secret comfort food:
Salt and vinegar potato chips. Crisp, cold glass of chardonnay.
Best advice you have ever received:
Be a yes!
Words to describe your teaching style:
Edgy, playful and thought provoking.
What do you do for FUN:
Dinner with friends, Long hikes with Mae and Woody [/answers]