Tips and Etiquette at Cleveland Yoga
At Cleveland Yoga, we pride ourselves on providing a calm and centering experience for our community, which is why we created this simple Tips and Etiquette list for you to review.
Please take a moment to read through the list, so that your experience and journey can be as amazing as possible.
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive early. Getting to class 10 minutes early gives you time to sign in, relax and prepare to practice. We understand that situations occur; however, arriving late to class can be disruptive to others. If you come late, please prepare yourself for class at the door and have your mat ready to unroll quietly as you enter the room.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Help us keep the studio clean!
- Please turn off cell phones before entering the studio, all the way off… we can hear it vibrating during class.
- Bring a mat, towel and water to class. All items are available for purchase in our Breathe Boutique.
- Read class descriptions and take the class that’s appropriate for your level of experience. You will enjoy your class more and maximize the benefits.
- Practice good hygene and avoid wearing scents.
- Keep your gear fresh and clean. From your yoga clothing to your mat and yogi toes, regular cleaning is appreciated. Writing your name on your mat and/or yogi toes will help you identify it if you lose it or forget it in the studio.
- Wipe up your “liquid energy” (also called sweat) after class.
- Speak in hushed tones before and after class. Be mindful of the volume of your conversations.
- Savasana is essential to your practice. If you must leave before class ends, allow yourself a few minutes in Savasana to seal in the benefits of your shortened practice.
- The most important thing…enjoy yourself and have fun with your yoga practice!