Tami Schneider, Owner
Meet Cleveland Yoga Founder Tami Schneider
Tami Schneider, a home-grown Clevelander, is the founder and owner of Cleveland Yoga Studios located in NE Ohio. She has been teaching yoga since 1999.
Currently, there are four studios in the Cleveland area including Concord, Little Italy, Westlake, and Beachwood which are home to thousands of yoga practitioners each and every week.
Tami is an internationally recognized yoga teacher trainer, 1200-hour Certified Tier 3 Influencer of the globally known Baptiste Yoga Institute and E-YRT 500HR Yoga Alliance Member. Tami’s ardor is about training teachers to be yoga teachers & community leaders. She has trained over 500 yoga teacher-trainees in the Cleveland area and led thousands during her travels (United States, Canada, Europe and Kenya) training new teachers in the Baptiste Methodology since 2007.
Community Involvement- Locally and Globally
While she regularly teaches classes here in Cleveland, Tami has been particularly passionate about her involvement in The Africa Yoga Project as a teacher-mentor and training in Nairobi, Kenya.
Her work is continually empowered by the amazing teachers and community members at Cleveland Yoga as well as the many students and teachers she meets on the road.
“I love connecting with others…what truly inspires me are the many conversations I’ve had on the topics of life, struggles, love and loss. My own life experiences in those areas are what propel me to do the work that I love and has shaped my life. Being a community service member and teaching those that otherwise would not have been introduced to the benefits of a yoga practice is the work that feeds my soul.
When I am not teaching, practicing yoga or discussing the ‘what’s next’ for my studios, my favorite down-time is being at home with my senior rescue pup, ‘Mae’ and sipping on a crisp glass of Chardonnay with E-Street radio playing in the background. In the winter, my Sunday fundays are spent with friends and supporting my beloved Cleveland Browns. During warmer days in Cleveland, you can catch me on the golf course. My clubs are always ready!”
Other Notable Recognitions
Tami L Schneider, E-RYT 500-CYT
- Tami L Schneider, 1200-hour Tier 3 Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher and Baptiste Faculty Member
- Recognized member and teacher training of Yoga Alliance since 2002
- Member of Africa Yoga Project’s Facilitation Team
- International Yoga Teacher, Wellness & Leadership Speaker and Coach
- Founder of Cleveland Yoga Studios located in NE Ohio (serving 4 locations)
Recent Awards, Recognitions & Partnerships:
- 2019-2020 ~ Cleveland Yoga partners with the NEOU Fitness brand in NYC offering the area’s first online yoga classes boosting global recognition.
- 2016-2018 ~ Yoga Coach to Cleveland Browns NFL players and coaches.
- 2016-2017 ~ Transformative Leadership, Innovation & Fitness Award Recipient from Elite Women Around the World.
- 2016 ~ ‘Community Champion’ for Cleveland Yoga Uptown by University Circle, Inc. Business Association.
- 2015 ~ Graduate of Being A Leader and the Effective Exercise of Leadership: An Ontological/Phenomenological Model.
- 2015 ~ ‘Best Start-Up Business’ for Cleveland Yoga Uptown by University Circle, Inc. Business Association.
- 2015 ~ Award for Best Yoga Studios in Cleveland by Cleveland Scene Magazine.
- Best of the East by Circle East / Cleveland Magazine 2012, 2013, 2014. Runner-up 2015- 2016.
Taminator or (Nators, for short)
3 words to describe you:
Loyal, strong and patient
The pose that challenges me the most:
Secret comfort food:
Salt and vinegar potato chips. Crisp, cold glass of chardonnay.
Best advice you have ever received:
Be a yes!
Words to describe your teaching style:
Edgy, playful and thought provoking.
What do you do for FUN:
Dinner with friends, Long hikes with Mae and Woody [/answers]